Friday, February 29, 2008

Could It Be We Look Stupid?

If you had a $250,000 house, would you lease it to me for 30 years for $200 per month rental payments? Note that I will also agree to pay all insurance and maintenance during the term of the lease.

Well if you don't want to do that, how about selling me a 5 year option to that lease for $4000. Then you have a nice cash payment and I might not even exercise the option. And if I don't exercise the option, you can make another deal with someone else.

If the answer is "yes" to either offer, we need to talk. I have some swamp land that you would love.

But that (or much less) is what the operators are offering for a $250,000 mineral deposit under a typical 1/4th acre lot in Tarrant County (see my estimate). And owners are scrambling to take the deal. If that is what folks need and think is best for them to do, they are certainly encouraged to do so. But if not, why not explore other options?

Being a good steward takes effort. Email me at enjoygas@sbcglobal.net if you want to learn more and explore options before signing a lease. If a lot of folks work together, many options become viable.

IT'S YOUR GAS ... ENJOY IT!

No comments: